Accountant at Blue Whale FoundationBlue Whale Foundation
Full Time Other
Posted 588 days ago
About the Company
Blue Whale Global is a blockchain-based start-up which aims to empower the world’s freelance community by creating the largest worker-centric decentralized ecosystem where independent workers can pursue their passions and get the value they deserve from the gig economy.
We are looking for a skilled financial accountant to support the growth of our business. You will be based in our Singapore HQ, located in Central Singapore.
Join us and help make a splash as we create Earth's most worker-centric ecosystem. Get to work with a diverse team made up of brilliant minds, including practiced tech engineers, serial entrepreneurs and freelancers from various backgrounds such as NASA, Samsung, Oracle, Sun Microsystems.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
You should be an accountant with at least 1-2 years working in industry. You are highly capable of managing a broad range of financial matters, with experience using various financial accounting systems, and possess good knowledge of IFRS/SFRS.
You are looking for a change in job environment, and keen to work in a fast-paced and dynamic one. You are able to hit the ground running, and have the flexibility and willingness to take on job roles outside of the designated job-scope.
What Will Be Expected from You?
This is a newly created role due to company growth. Reporting to the directors, you will handle the full scope of accounting and financial matters of the company.
You will need to ensure that the company's financial records are in compliance with respective local regulatory requirements, internal control requirements, as well as finance policies and procedures.
You will also be required to:
• Review and manage monthly / quarterly / yearly closing process including group consolidation in accordance with IFRS, and prepare finance reporting and submission for group consolidation and regional finance team review.
• Lead and manage intercompany transaction and group consolidation on quarterly basis
• Manage in country forecast/budget/actual submissions and assist in reporting to finance director and senior management team
• Analyze monthly, quarterly and annual P&L reports and provide solid commentary, including the variance to budget, prior and forecast
• Tax return filing: Review all kinds of regular tax returns in Singapore, Korea and USA (e.g. annual corporate tax return, quarterly VAT return, annual Transfer Pricing documentation, monthly withholding tax, etc.) and closely work with external advisory firms
• Accounts Payable: Lead team to process all direct/indirect payments. Establish efficient and control-based processes that follow regional/global guideline & policies.
• Provide Cash Flow forecast and relevant treasury duties on a regularly basis.
• Treasury: responsible for open or close bank accounts. Make sure that the banks have appropriate signers. Prepare cash flow forecast. Coordinate with local bank counterparties about bank loans/entrustment loans, buy/sell of foreign currencies, potential hedges, etc.
• Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
• Take care of overall financial management of the company
• Ensure efficient and effective administration of operational processing such as employee claims, payroll, invoices, AR/AP and other transactions
• Record transactions and perform monthly accounting close procedures for the company
• Develop trends and projections for the company's finances
• Track the company's financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvements and provide advice to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
• Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation
• Liaise with external professional firm to ensure that required statutory and regulatory filings are completed on a timely basis
What is Desired
• Singaporean/Singapore Perm. Resident
• Degree in Finance/Accounting
• Preferably with audit background
• Proven experience of minimum 2 years in similar capacity
• Strong knowledge of accounting standards i.e. IFRS
• Strong analysis and modeling capabilities using spreadsheets or similar tools
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Experience in startup environments / SMEs preferred but not required
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
IFRS, Financial Accounting, Auditing
3000 - 4000
Full Time Other
1127 views · posted 57 days ago
Polish Writer/ TranslatorBeInCrypto
614 views · posted 65 days ago
French Writer/ TranslatorBeInCrypto
1021 views · posted 66 days ago
Italian Writer/ TranslatorBeInCrypto
868 views · posted 66 days ago
Share this opportunity:
CryptoJobs is the #1 website for blockchain jobs. We believe the emergence of blockchain technology and decentralized applications will change the world as we know it, and it’s already happening. We’re on a mission to connect talented individuals to the best blockchain projects, to accelerate the advent of a more decentralized world.
Join 15,000+ crypto enthusiasts for weekly updates: