Production DevOps EngineerMaxfield Search
Full Time Tech
Posted 255 days ago
You'll be responsible for the upkeep, configuration and reliable operation of Production, Testing, Staging and QA Environments plus any associated toolsets, such as DataDog, PagerDuty etc. You will seek to ensure that the uptime, performance, availability and security of those environments and associated resources is maintained to industry standards – 99.999% availability, SOC2 compliant etc. You will work alongside, and support our Customers, the Business, Development, Security Ops and other Technical teams within the company – therefore being a team player, having a great personality, a sense of humor, being able to work under pressure, being empathetic towards different cultures, communicating effectively and hitting deadlines are all paramount.
Ideally, you would have come from a start-up/small firm where you need to be good at everything, and excellent at some things. You’ll be used to working in a small team where social interaction is as high as the work rate. You’ll go the extra mile for the person sitting next to you as you know they would do exactly the same thing for you. You’ll be used to having the freedom to make decisions without too much oversight – but at the same time you’ll own the responsibility to get things right. And finally – you’ve started looking at Blockchain / DLT and realize the scope of its potential.
- This company was founded in 2014 and is a thriving startup building disruptive distributed ledger technology for the FinTech industry.
- They are hiring the brightest developers, with a real interest in technology, to work on their core platform which is entirely open source.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Rapidly install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools for all environments under change control/configuration management.
- Quickly and correctly diagnose issues with environments, including identifying patterns that could indicate a security threat.
- Support the execution of tests and other activities on testing environments, including liaising with customers and associated project management and planning.
- Deploy and operate internal/external testing environments.
- Create, update and own environment configuration documentation.
- Ensure parity between environments, where applicable.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Maintain and operate security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of current technologies and trends in networking, hosting, operations.
- Liaise with vendors, customers, team members and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
Qualifications (Must have):
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments, preferably for a financial services institution
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of Java application stacks
- Solid Cloud experience in Azure
- Experience with monitoring systems, specifically DataDog, Graphite/Grafana
- Experience with automation software, specifically Ansible
- Experience with central logging systems, specifically ELK
- Experience of deploying, using and managing the Atlassian tool set (Jira, Service Desk etc).
- Experience with virtualization and containerization
- Solid scripting skills (shell, Python)
- Solid networking knowledge
- Solid understanding and experience of security engineering
- Deep and broad understanding of computer science and engineering principles, most likely obtained through a combination of advanced academic study and significant professional experience
- Experience with one or more Blockchain technologies desirable but not essential.
- Vibrant, centrally located offices (with snacks provided)
- Private Medical & Dental
- Retirement scheme & life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave & family friendly policies
- Competitive vacation allowance
- Working from home & flexible working (as needed and agreed)
- A competitive salary that reflects your experience and merit
- Discretionary Equity Based Incentive Plan
UNIX, Linux, Azure, DataDog, Graphite, Grafana, Ansible, ELK, Jira, Shell, Python
£90,000 p/a + bonus + stock options
Applications for this job are currently closed.Apply on CryptoJobs
Junior Backend EngineerLayertwo
Full Time Tech
94 views · posted 2 days ago
Full Time Tech
259 views · posted 3 days ago
Full Time Tech 🔥 Trending
502 views · posted 10 days ago
Blockchain EngineerCander Group
Full Time Tech
1382 views · featured 2 days ago
Share this opportunity:
CryptoJobs is the #1 website for blockchain jobs. We believe the emergence of blockchain technology and decentralized applications will change the world as we know it, and it’s already happening. We’re on a mission to connect talented individuals to the best blockchain projects, to accelerate the advent of a more decentralized world.
Join 15,000+ crypto enthusiasts for weekly updates: