Chief Compliance OfficerMuse Incorporated
Full Time Other
Posted 200 days ago
Muse Incorporated is a privately owned C-Corporation established in San Francisco, California. The company’s culture is diverse, and it’s morals focused around the needs and desires of the artists and listeners that make what Muse is today. Muse Protocol is a company dedicated to decentralized ownership, transparency, and most of all, power to the people as a whole. With Muse Protocol, the world can become that much closer with art, and art can become more profitable in its true, raw essence.
Muse Incorporated challenges the current structure of the music industry, disrupts the available market at its core, and implements a new era of listener engagement that truly places listeners up close and personal with the music they love so much. Muse is exactly what it stands to be, the driving force behind what makes music what it is today.
• Responsible for corporate-wide compliance, including money transmitter compliance, AML and Sanctions compliance, and 1099 tax filing compliance
• Corporate-wide Compliance Program Governance
• Provide strategic direction related to compliance and set related compliance priorities.
• Develop and oversee implementation of corporate-wide programs, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable federal and state laws and regulations, and ensure activities are being performed in accordance with policies and procedures, including testing, validation and documentation of controls, and identification and recommendation of improvements as deemed necessary.
• Interpret and communicate compliance requirements to management and all employees. Ensure that compliance responsibilities are incorporated into business processes and practices.
• Serve as trusted advisor to senior management and the Board of Directors
• Prepare and deliver compliance reporting and make regular presentations to relevant boards of directors and other senior managers regarding AML and Sanctions programs.
• Organize and preside over quarterly meetings of the corporate-wide Anti-Money Laundering Oversight Committee
• Work collaboratively with CTO, CFO, COO, CEO, and other senior managers.
• Manage ongoing regulatory exams and respond to regulatory inquiries as needed, including monitoring the completion of management commitments/corrective actions.
• Business Support
• Compliance activities have been integrated into our business operations. So, a major focus is to partner with business and product teams to support the Company's strategic direction and provide requirements and guidance related to compliance in business initiatives relating to:
• New product development and launches
• International geographic expansion
• Product enhancements and changes
• New partner and client relations
• Partner with the Compliance teams of industry partners to ensure ongoing communication and support. Compliance Operations
• Lead and manage the daily activity of the Compliance Department.
• Ensure that staffing, work assignments, workflow and operational policies and procedures are appropriate and properly executed.
• Work with a cross functional team to coordinate tasks related to reporting and license renewals for those states where Muse is licensed and those countries where Muse becomes licensed.
• Ensure that the corporate-wide compliance training program is enhanced, coordinated and administered effectively.
• Set direction and provide tactical support to all elements of Muse's BSA/AML Compliance program including Know Your Customer, transaction monitoring and SAR filing.
• Provide subject matter expertise and guidance regarding the Sanctions program.
• Set direction and provide tactical support to the1099-K filing program.
• Identify and evaluate technology solutions for use in supporting AML and Sanctions compliance and ensure that these solutions are reasonably designed to achieve our goals in implementing and maintaining a first-class compliance program and meeting regulatory expectations.
• Prior experience as CCO familiar with licensed money transmission or as a compliance officer at a licensed money transmitter is required. Electronic money or payment processing experience is a plus.
• Must be a people-centric, purpose-driven and results-oriented leader who has a high level of ethical standards and integrity, a demonstrated commitment to open, honest and direct communication, and a strong management and team-building background.
• Must be a proactive self-starter with exceptional problem-solving, advocacy, communication, facilitation, consultative, analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Must be an out-of-the-box thinker who solves complex problems and takes smart risks. You will need excellent judgment, a positive attitude, with a sense of humor, a business-enabling orientation and a desire to collaborate and simplify complexity.
• Experience leading a team of 10 or more people that developed and implemented a successful risk-based, enterprise-wide, compliance program and related compliance infrastructure is required.
• Must have a robust understanding of the requirements of the Anti-Money Laundering regulations, USA Patriot Act, Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC as they relate to electronic payment transaction monitoring and practical application to money services businesses (MSBs), as well as Sanctions screening.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting or other quantitative discipline, with 10+ years' experience in financial services, primarily in a compliance role. Advanced business degree and/or JD is a plus.
• Must possess strong technology acumen.
• Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) Certification or equivalent experience required.
Legal, AML, Sanctions, Financial, Compliance
DOE + Equity
Chief Executive Officer and Co-FounderICOB
Full Time Other
2076 views · posted 187 days ago
Head of Risk, Compliance and MLROElite Recruitment International
Full Time Other
1119 views · posted 280 days ago
Full Time Other
1943 views · posted 350 days ago
Editor In ChiefThe Cryptograph
Full Time Other
2278 views · posted 468 days ago
Share this opportunity:
CryptoJobs is the #1 website for blockchain jobs. We believe the emergence of blockchain technology and decentralized applications will change the world as we know it, and it’s already happening. We’re on a mission to connect talented individuals to the best blockchain projects, to accelerate the advent of a more decentralized world.
Join 15,000+ crypto enthusiasts for weekly updates: