Decentralized Governance Research ScholarThe Metagovernance Project
Full Time Tech
Posted 131 days ago
As a research scholar, you will catalog and study the governance policies of decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs) and other online communities across the Internet. This will involve three projects: (1) direct contributions to Govbase through data collection and modeling, (2) data collection and analysis of DAOs and blockchain communities, especially that of Sifchain, through primary-source research, ethnographic interviews, and software analysis, and (3) translational research applying the results of the previous two projects to the writing of a computational constitution for SifDAO. Specifically, you will be expected to collect ethnographic data, as part of a project to identify and analyze subgames played by different subsets of participants in specific DAOs such as Synthetix, Yearn Finance, Compound, DXDao, and MetaCartel. You will identify best-practices and governance rules to structure these subgames. Finally, you have the opportunity to contribute to the design and writing of a computational constitution for SifDAO, a new DAO being developed by Sifchain. Additionally, you will be expected to regularly communicate your work to stakeholders at Sifchain and Metagov and to participate and contribute to the Metagovernance Project’s weekly research seminar and Sifchain’s regular community messages.
Note that programming literacy is required for this position, though you will not be expected to produce code.
You may be a fit for this role if you have…
- Experience with DAOs, whether as a participant or a researcher.
- Experience working in empirical social science on ethics-approved human-subject research.
- Comfort and experience working with technical subjects, technical partners, and/or technically-oriented communities.
- The ability to work independently and reach key milestones with minimal supervision.
Bonus points if you have…
- Experience in digital ethnography.
- Demonstrated interest in online community, governance, political theory, economics, or law.
- A history of independent research achievement.
- Master’s or PhD in a social science field (or equivalent experience).
How to apply for this position:
- Submit a CV, a writing sample, and a short cover letter explaining your interest.
Research Scientist, Distributed SystemsProtocol Labs
Full Time Tech
1197 views · featured 45 days ago
Blockchain Security ResearcherValid Network
Full Time Tech
1383 views · featured 85 days ago
5447 views · featured 879 days ago
Share this opportunity:
CryptoJobs is the #1 website for blockchain jobs. We believe the emergence of blockchain technology and decentralized applications will change the world as we know it, and it’s already happening. We’re on a mission to connect talented individuals to the best blockchain projects, to accelerate the advent of a more decentralized world.
Join 20,000+ crypto enthusiasts for weekly updates:
And 1,000+ other crypto companies around the world