Engagement Engineer - BlockchainDapper Labs
Full Time Tech
Posted 84 days ago
The Flow team is looking for an experienced engineer who relishes the opportunity to connect, communicate with, and build a rich developer community around the high-performance, app-focused smart contract platform we’ll be launching in 2020. As the team Engagement Engineer, you will work directly with the Product and Engineering teams to define the strategic positioning of Flow and lead all developer outreach efforts. You will be the oracle of development for everyone who is excited to build on Flow.
In a quickly evolving space, you understand the value of well-structured and well-documented code and you want to share it with the world. You’re eager for the opportunity to build and communicate a new category of computing platform. Together, we will establish a thriving software ecosystem, bringing decentralized applications to an audience numbered in the billions.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience creating rich communities, have a background contributing to open source projects, and a track record of setting a standard for excellence in communicating highly technical topics.
A little about us:
Flow is a blockchain for creators. Built by Dapper Labs, the team behind CryptoKitties, Flow will be the foundation for the next generation of decentralized applications with notable partners including Warner Music Group, Ubisoft, and Animoca.
The Flow team is a humble and curious bunch of builders and scientists who share a passion for blockchain technology and the new kinds of software it enables. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse team flourishes in an environment where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above else; regardless of where you came from or what you studied, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Set the standards for well-documented, cleanly-structured code that the Flow community will engage with and build on top of
- Refine our developer experience at every touchpoint, from defining aspects of the programming environment, to installing node software, to using Flow’s APIs
- Build a dev community with a supportive culture that is oriented around principles of transparency and verifiability
- Define and communicate best practices for smart contract development
- Commit to the relentless professional and personal improvement of you and your team
- Ensure that our work is ethical and values-driven to create a positive impact on the world
A little about you:
- Enjoy writing code with a mind for the other people who will read and use it
- Excel at producing good, straightforward code in many environments
- Directly contributes to open source development projects
- Demonstrated excellence coordinating developer support programs
- Have a firm grasp of the core concepts relevant to decentralised systems: consensus algorithms, asymmetric encryption, secure hashing, Byzatine fault tolerance, deterministic virtual machines, cryptoeconomic incentives, and more
- Contributions to an existing blockchain project or dapp
- Leadership experience with a major open source project
How to apply:
Please include your resume and/or LinkedIn
Please include GitHub links to any relevant open source repositories
Please answer the following question in 200 words or less:
What do you think the most important part of building a strong developer community is? Examples welcome.
A little more about us:
At Dapper Labs we recruit the best and foster an environment that empowers our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Because we care about our team, we work hard to provide perks that make their lives better by offering:
- Flexible vacation & remote work policy - most team members take between 15-20 days off per year, but we have no hard limit
- Diverse opportunities for learning and development
- On-site gym and fitness reimbursements
- Dog friendly office!
Check out our careers page to learn more about what other benefits we offer!
$80,000 - $130,000
Full Time Tech
321 views · posted 1 day ago
Blockchain VisionariesSNR Holdings
Full Time Tech 🔥 Trending
905 views · posted 28 days ago
Blockchain EngineerCander Group
Full Time Tech
1193 views · featured 25 days ago
Full Time Tech
962 views · posted 36 days ago
Share this opportunity:
CryptoJobs is the #1 website for blockchain jobs. We believe the emergence of blockchain technology and decentralized applications will change the world as we know it, and it’s already happening. We’re on a mission to connect talented individuals to the best blockchain projects, to accelerate the advent of a more decentralized world.
Join 15,000+ crypto enthusiasts for weekly updates: