Engineering Manager, Game StudioDapper Labs
Full Time Tech
Posted 44 days ago
We are looking for someone with experience supporting teams develop and maintain great software solutions that change the lives of users. Whether an experienced developer wanting to become a first time manager, or someone with management experience, this role will collaborate with our team of existing managers to support the growth of our Engineering team.
Our Game Studio is one part of Dapper Labs and along with Flow and Dapper Wallet uses the power of play to deliver blockchain-based experiences that are made for you and ready for the real world. This role will be supporting the delivery of NBA Top Shot; a revolutionary experience for passionate NBA Fans, Collectors & Casual Gamers built around NBA digital collectibles celebrating the most thrilling moments of the NBA!
While our preference is to find someone with experience as an Engineering Manager, we also believe that the best candidate could be someone who is interested in learning these skills in their next career step. We encourage people of all skill levels to apply.
Every one of us shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need the right people to help us realize that vision.
What you’ll do:
- Support one or two delivery pods. Each pod is between 2 and 5 developers who collaborate closely with Design and Product.
- Manage a group of 5-7 developers including weekly 1:1s, quarterly reviews and using your skills as a mentor, coach and sponsor to help them grow in their careers at Dapper Labs.
- Partner with other Leads to define and build the product roadmap.
- Participate and lead the interview process to help recruit new engineers to the company.
- Work with product leads and design leads to ensure the roadmap is aligned with engineering requirements, features have correct specifications, and appropriate user stories are created.
- Define, scope, estimate, and lead the engineering team to ensure the development issues are done well and on time.
A little about you:
- You have worked on and been an integral part of the success of large scale products as a Back End Developer. Since this role will be primarily supporting backend developers, you should have the experience to be able to fully participate in and lead technical sessions and where necessary contribute code.
- You have collaborated with Product and Design leads to set the goals of the team and supported their achievement.
- You are a strong communicator verbally and in writing and can explain technical concepts to non-technical folks as well as translate business-oriented and strategic plans to technical folks - to ensure that everyone is aligned.
- You are able to bring a group to action without all the information and are comfortable with the level of ambiguity that comes with startups.
- You can make tradeoffs and prioritization decisions against multiple competing requests.
- You know when to make decisions and when to leverage your team’s expertise.
- You create a culture of feedback for yourself and the team.
- You come from a place of curiosity, seeking to understand before acting.
Bonus points if you have any of the following:
- Experience as an Engineering Manager or Team Lead
- Experience working as a scrum master.
- Previously developed dApps on the blockchain.
- Back End experience with Golang.
- Experience in gaming.
How to apply:
Please include your resume and a short cover letter covering why you think Dapper Labs could be the right next step in your career.
A little more about us:
Dapper Labs wants everyone, not just industry insiders, to experience the value of blockchain technology. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse team of creators and founders flourish in a distributed hierarchy, where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture and diversity above else, regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for. This unique organizational structure is the same one behind CryptoKitties.
The Dapper team is a group of humble and curious creators, academics, and tinkerers who share a passion to demystify blockchain technology and tap into its potential to create change in the world. Your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues, whether you’re optimizing our data capture methods or designing a new blockchain game. Everyone here is a founder, and no one fits in a box. We’re all driven by an insatiable thirst for learning and development, and that’s what brings us together. Join us in bringing the first billion to the blockchain.
At Dapper Labs we recruit the best and foster an environment that empowers our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Because we care about our team, we work hard to provide perks that make their lives better by offering:
- Flexible vacation & remote work policy - most team members take between 15-20 days off per year, but we have no hard limit
- Diverse opportunities for learning and development
- On-site gym and fitness reimbursements
- Dog friendly office!
Check out our careers page to learn more about what other benefits we offer!
Engineering, Project Management
$100,000 - $150,000 CAD
Head of EngineeringClearmatics Technologies Ltd
Full Time Tech
562 views · posted 25 days ago
Mobile Engineering LeadStatus
Full Time Tech
956 views · posted 95 days ago
Director of EngineeringCharles Levick
Full Time Tech
994 views · posted 207 days ago
Engineering Manager- DataChainalysis
Full Time Tech
1416 views · posted 298 days ago
Share this opportunity:
CryptoJobs is the #1 website for blockchain jobs. We believe the emergence of blockchain technology and decentralized applications will change the world as we know it, and it’s already happening. We’re on a mission to connect talented individuals to the best blockchain projects, to accelerate the advent of a more decentralized world.
Join 10,000+ crypto enthusiasts for weekly updates: