PostgreSQL Database Programmer and Administrator (DBA) - OnsiteBinary.com
Full Time Tech
Posted 35 days ago
Binary.com is seeking a driven, proactive, and highly-experienced PostgreSQL Database Programmer/Administrator. You will plan, install, and maintain database systems to ensure the integrity and seamless flow of information for our high-traffic binary options trading platform.
This also includes writing and reviewing code for the database systems.
Binary Group Services Sdn. Bhd. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Binary Ltd., an international group of companies that manages Binary.com, the award-winning leader in online binary options trading.
Launched in 2000, Binary.com is one of the oldest and most respected names in the industry. The Binary.com platform allows you to trade currencies, stocks, indices, and commodities. Today, we have more than one million registered clients from around the world with a recorded turnover of over USD 4.6 billion since we started operating.
Binary.com is a vibrant and progressive company that blends the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with the profitability and stability of a long-running business.
Our company is built on a culture that fosters teamwork, individuality, and creativity.
We care deeply about cultural and gender diversity. We go to great lengths to foster a supportive, caring environment within a flat organisational structure.
We value staff with a sense of fun and adventure, who are optimistic, and customer focused. Above all, you must agree with our strong emphasis on business integrity.
Your skills and motivations
You have extensive experience with relational databases, and enjoy working with databases, servers, and APIs.
You are smart, self-motivated, and proactive. You thrive in a dynamic work environment and approach even the smallest task with an open mind.
Most importantly, you value the importance of constant, open, and honest communication.
We are looking for someone who loves to:
● Test and fix things, especially when it involves working with data.
● Do great work, and inspires people around them to do the same.
● Work with highly talented people in an exciting, multinational environment.
● Get things done in a no-nonsense manner.
● Work without bureaucracy and hierarchy.
● Have the latest tools and technologies at their disposal.
● Learn and improve, day in and day out.
To excel in this role, you must have:
● Experience as a Postgres DBA, with advanced hands-on knowledge of
● Database Setup,
● Performance Tuning,
● Disaster Recovery,
● Stored Procedures
● Experience with database testing tools such as pgTAP
● Experience with data extraction and reporting for data warehouse/cube
● Knowledge of Linux system administration, including configuration and automation tools such as Chef as well as Shell scripting is preferred
● Knowledge of scripting language and Perl, in particular, is a plus
● Experience with Multidimensional Expressions (MDX) is an advantage
Binary.com’s IT team is responsible for the design, development, and operation of our
high-traffic networks. As our PostgreSQL Database Administrator, you will plan, implement, and manage the database systems that are essential to the architecture of our high-traffic binary
options trading platform.
● Plan, install, and configure world-class database systems that meet business objectives and the needs of end users
● Assist backend developers in writing production-ready SQL code
● Plan and carry out the upgrade and migration of databases as needed
● Develop, implement, and test database backup and recovery plans
● Manage database security by controlling access to data through authentication,
authorisation, and auditing
● Perform tests to ensure database performance and security, as well as data integrity
● Document and administer database policies, procedures, and standards
● Plan and execute data extraction for efficient loading in data warehouse, and ensure extracted data is useful and properly formatted
● Troubleshoot and debug problems in existing database systems, and find new ways to improve their speed, functionality, and scalability
Remuneration and benefits
This position includes a market-based salary, annual performance bonus, and health benefits.
You will also receive travel and Internet allowances.
You will enjoy a casual dress code and flexi hours. You also have the freedom to select your preferred tools and systems.
We will also assist you with your work permit, and relocation for your family.
Join us at our operational headquarters in Cyberjaya — Malaysia’s global tech hub that’s located only 30 minutes away from the capital city, Kuala Lumpur. This high-tech township seamlessly blends modern infrastructure with acres of green spaces and facilities, to give you the ultimate work-life balance.
An adventure is never far away when you’re in Malaysia with its tantalising mix of vibrant cities, tropical rainforests, and paradise islands. It’s also one of the most culturally-diverse countries in the world with a multiracial population that loves to bond over its love for food. With warm
weather all year round, a lower cost of living compared to most western countries, and easy access to public and private healthcare facilities, you’ll find Malaysia to be a welcoming home away from home.
Database Setup, Security, Replication, Performance Tuning, Disaster Recovery, SQL, Stored Procedures, pgTAP, Linux, Chef, Perl
2000 - 5000
Node.JS Developer - London - BlockchainPlexus Resource Solutions
Full Time Tech
157 views · posted 9 days ago
Internship Tech 🔥 Trending
660 views · posted 9 days ago
DevOps Engineer - SingaporeLiquid Falcon
Full Time Tech
567 views · posted 15 days ago
Co-founder, Senior Frontend Developer (React)Moon Assist
252 views · posted 20 days ago
Share this opportunity:
CryptoJobs is the #1 website for blockchain jobs. We believe the emergence of blockchain technology and decentralized applications will change the world as we know it, and it’s already happening. We’re on a mission to connect talented individuals to the best blockchain projects, to accelerate the advent of a more decentralized world.
Join 8000+ Crypto Enthusiasts for Weekly Updates: