Senior Fraud Analyst at Wyre, Inc
Senior Fraud AnalystWyre, Inc
💼 Operations ⏰ Full Time 🌍 Remote
216 days ago
🔥 86 applications
About the Job
In order to port over the next billion people into a secure and open financial system, you’re going to need a network of applications that connect to the fiat world… Wyre’s APIs make that happen.
Our mission is to empower fintech projects to execute their vision by offering them secure access to the largest financial network in the world (the Wyre Network).
To accomplish this mission, we’ve built a simple set of tools that allows fintech projects to materialize their visions. (1) Our instant Fiat-to-Crypto Checkout gateway is now being used by hundreds of applications (ie. MetaMask, Opera, BRD) to offer the best way to convert card payments into crypto, and (2) our flexible APIs (Transfers API, Custody API, Users API), allow projects to build e-wallets, merchant processing services, and money transfer platforms from the ground up.
We focus on compliance, licensing, regulatory, liquidity, and payment processing aspects so our partners can do what they do best, creating amazing tools on the blockchain.
As a Sr. Fraud Analyst on Wyre’s Risk Team, you will use advanced statistical and analytical techniques to defend Wyre against new and emerging fraud threats. In this role, you will drive quantitative analysis on diverse topics, make recommendations, and support the efforts to build and document analytical processes. You will collaborate with line of business, data scientists, engineers and business partners to transform statistical analyses into actionable fraud risk mitigation initiatives.Come join the Wyre family.
- Establish baselines for strategies and tracks actual performance to expectations by analyzing large datasets
- Synthesize analytical results and review reports to make recommendations to reduce losses and increase revenue
- Translate complex data from multiple sources, formats, data structure into actionable and tangible strategies.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify business needs and risk exposure querying large data sources to support data driven risk mitigating strategies without compromising customer experience
- Analyze chargeback data that result in a loss to Wyre to determine their root cause and identify process improvements
- Identify opportunities for continuous process optimization through automation methods
- Leverage data to test and deploy targeted rules designed to prevent known and emerging fraud trends across many product lines
- Regularly review the effectiveness of current rules and make necessary changes to improve accuracy
- Collaborate with Engineering, Sales, and Product to build internal tools supporting Wyre’s platform
- Improve existing policies and workflows and help build a strong, scalable process
- Help improve manual review accuracy and efficiency
- Assist in special projects and ad-hoc assignments, upon request
- Does not require sponsorship
- Forward thinking, quick to adapt, technologically adept with a a relentless focus on quality and timeliness
- Critical thinker who seeks to understand the business, its processes, risks and control environment
- Fosters trust, collaboration, belonging and is intellectually curious and has the analytical skill set to challenge conventional thinking
Knowledge and/or strong interest in the cryptocurrency space
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- 4+ years of experience working with data in Risk, Fraud, or Payments related role
- Solid knowledge of Card Not Present (CNP) environment
- Bachelor's Degree with emphasis on CS, Mathematics, Finance, other quantitative field, or equivalent practical experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with SQL, R and/or Python
- Resourceful and ready to roll up their sleeves - no task or issue is too big or small
- Naturally curious, idea generator, and problem solver
- An opportunity to build the future and freedom to work wherever you want
- Fair pay, no matter where you live along with a competitive benefits package
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Meaningful Equity options for all full-time employees
- 401(k) plan with corporate matching
- Computer setup of your choice
- Unlimited paid time off to relax and recharge
- Flexible work hours
- Opportunity to work in a growing startup
Please apply online: https://apply.workable.com/wyre/j/075BF5D998/
- + Equity
Applications for this job are currently closed.Apply on CryptoJobs