Full Time Tech
Posted 148 days ago
**About Status **
Status is the gateway to the decentralized web. We're building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3. With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community. Our core application, recently launched at v1 on Mobile and in beta on Desktop, is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, make payments and browse the decentralized web.
**Who are we?**
We're a remote team made up of 60+ core-contributors and a growing community of members scattered around the globe. We care deeply about open source software, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization's priorities.
**The role: **
We are building a communications tool with extreme security, coercion resistance and privacy in mind. You will help us research and develop new and existing technologies in secure messaging.
- Research and develop open protocols for secure messaging.
- Use a layered protocol approach that is mindful and explicit about what it requires, what it provides, under what threat models, and with what trade-offs.
- Combine cryptoeconomics and traditional technologies to create a sustainable distributed and fault-tolerant system.
- Write and maintain Nim code.
- Research and design core functionality.
- Provide feedback on overall design decisions, and participate in code reviews.
- Use libp2p to build application-level protocols.
- Build incentivized, distributed systems.
- Interpret and implement solutions based on academic research.
**Ideally you will have:**
***[Don't worry if you don't meet all of these criteria, we'd still love to hear from you anyway if you think you'd be a great fit for this role!]***
- A passion for blockchain technology, privacy-preserving technology and decentralization.
- Strong academic or engineering background.
- Deep understanding of encryption and key exchange mechanisms.
- Experience with low level/strongly typed languages (C/C++/Go/Rust or Java/C#).
- Experience building networking-heavy applications and p2p networking specifically.
- Familiarity with message propagation in loosely connected networks.
- A solid grasp of p2p building blocks such as gossiping, routing and discovery (DHTs), and Nat traversal.
**Bonus points if you have:**
- Contributed to a blockchain-related, open source project.
- Experience with cryptography such as OTR, X3DH, Noise protocol.
- Experience with Nim.
- Experience with off-the-shelf networking stacks such as libp2p / devp2p.
The hiring process for this role will be:
1. Introductory chat with Ceri from our People Ops team
2. Interview with Oskar, Protocol lead
3. Technical challenge / peer interview with Dean from the Protocol team
4. Final interview with Jacek (Head of Research)
The steps may change along the way if we see it makes sense to adapt the interview stages, so please consider the above as a guideline. We're looking for the new Protocol Engineer to join the team as soon as possible, and we're hoping to close the hiring process ideally by the end of May 2020.
**Get to know us:**
C/C++/Go/Rust or Java/C#, cryptography, encryption
Dependent on experience + Equity
Software Engineers and Solutions ArchitectsBank for International Settlements
Full Time Tech
Hong Kong SAR or Switzerland
558 views · featured 4 days ago
Senior NodeJS Engineer [Remote]Bitfinex
Full Time Tech
1507 views · featured 8 days ago
Manual QA Engineeraeternity blockchain
Full Time Tech
1501 views · posted 53 days ago
QA Engineeraeternity blockchain
1172 views · posted 54 days ago
Share this opportunity:
CryptoJobs is the #1 website for blockchain jobs. We believe the emergence of blockchain technology and decentralized applications will change the world as we know it, and it’s already happening. We’re on a mission to connect talented individuals to the best blockchain projects, to accelerate the advent of a more decentralized world.
Join 15,000+ crypto enthusiasts for weekly updates: