Block.co – SENIOR BACK-END DEVELOPERUniversity of Nicosia
Full Time Tech
Posted 77 days ago
The University of Nicosia (UNIC) is the largest university in Cyprus and the largest in Southern Europe that teaches primarily in English, with more than 12,000 students from over 70 countries, a diverse community of faculty and staff, and an expanding worldwide network. UNIC is driving educational innovation in the wider region, with activities like our dynamic global initiative in blockchain technology and centres of excellence in medicine and online/distance learning. UNIC is ranked among the top 100 universities in the Emerging Europe and Central Asia Region for 2019 by QS World University Rankings.
Block.co (https://block.co) is a University spin-off company seeking an experienced Back-End Developer who will be responsible towards any back-end technical implementation required. This exciting and varied role will require a strong coder who is able to work under their own initiative.
Reporting to the Company CTO and Project Manager, the Senior Back-End will be responsible to take full ownership or delivery of any technical implementation component required, delivering software code that is built to scope and within the agreed upon goals, as well as, to collaborate with Front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic.
• Gather technical requirements and propose solutions based on the product needs.
• Work in collaboration with a talented team of front-end and back-end developers to build world-class web applications and services.
• Develop technical plans, implementation targets and take full ownership or delivery.
• Collaborate with prospective customers during product demos/evaluations.
• Develop tools and libraries that will enable rapid and scalable development in the future
• Interact onsite at customer locations for workshops and meetings as needed.
• Write efficient, scalable and testable code (from concept to code to production).
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree (in Computing, Computer Science, Informatics, Web Development or related).
• Fluency in English (a second EU language would be an advantage).
Back-end Developer Qualifications
• 5+ years of Software Engineering experience.
• 2+ years of experience with Python and Java.
• Demonstrable experience on designing and building production-quality multi-tenant web applications.
• Demonstrable experience with Object Oriented languages.
• Fluency in at least 2 of these storage engines: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and Redis.
• Experience in working with APIs and 3rd party system integration.
• Experience in working in an Agile-like Environment.
• Familiarity with current HTML/CSS/XHTML standards.
• Experience in working with Restful web services.
• Experience with modern testing/debugging frameworks.
• Conduct code reviews to ensure compliance with quality standards.
• Bitcoin/Blockchain knowledge.
• Implementation experience with Smart Contracts (e.g., Solidity)
• Experience with Web Server Gateway Interface (WSGI) HTTP servers (e.g., gunicorn)
• Demonstrate experience with version control e.g., Git.
• Experience with Linux bash scripting.
• Taking initiative to research and learn emerging technologies (Blockchain is a rapidly evolving field of work)
• Able to working collaboratively with other team members.
• Able to quickly fix bugs and solve problems in large, complex apps.
• Habitual to write test cases first and then code.
• Well-organized with multi-tasking skills
Please submit your CV accompanied by a cover letter through our online recruitment system http://vacancies.unic.ac.cy/ by the 31st of March, 2019.
Educational Qualifications • Bachelor's or Master's Degree (in Computing, Computer Science, Informatics, Web Development or related). • Fluency in English
N/A + Equity
Applications for this job are currently closed.Apply on CryptoJobs
Contract Tech 🔥 Trending
286 views · posted 1 day ago
Blockchain Core DeveloperDivi Project
Full Time Tech
285 views · posted 2 days ago
Senior Android Engineer (Europe)Argent
Full Time Tech
Remote Europe only
246 views · posted 3 days ago
Ethereum DeveloperHydro Labs
701 views · posted 13 days ago
Share this opportunity:
CryptoJobs is the #1 website for blockchain jobs. We believe the emergence of blockchain technology and decentralized applications will change the world as we know it, and it’s already happening. We’re on a mission to connect talented individuals to the best blockchain projects, to accelerate the advent of a more decentralized world.
Join 8000+ Crypto Enthusiasts for Weekly Updates: