Blockchain Consultant Project LeadSmith + Crown
Full Time Other
Remote Portland, OR
Posted 10 days ago
Please apply here: https://smith-crown.breezy.hr/p/c84e21c73455
Smith + Crown is the world's leading blockchain research organization and is focused on the development and application of research, intelligence, analysis and data across the breadth of the blockchain space. Our passion and unique expertise lies in the understanding, design, and application of cryptoeconomic systems across a wide array of industries.
S+C’s research-focused internal culture is built around dual values of integrity and independence. We are looking for someone who will work with us to manage and lead consulting engagements around blockchain strategy, implementation, and cryptoeconomic design.
*Blockchain Consultant Project Lead*
We are a rapidly growing organization with increasing demand for our unique expertise. We are looking for an experienced candidate to help manage our client engagements and support analysts and project leads in developing core blockchain solutions, liaising with clients, outlining deliverables and coordinating the internal team to ensure timely completion, and managing the day-to-day realities of our projects from inception to conclusion.
This individual will work closely with the CEO, Chief Research Officer, and project leads to support the management of client engagements. This is a client-facing and internal coordination role, with both opportunities and expectations to contribute immediately.
Deep blockchain expertise is a differentiator but not required, though the ability to learn new industries and technologies will be critical for starting to lead engagements and contributing intellectually to all facets of our work. This is an opportunity for an individual with intellectual curiosity, strong people skills, and outstanding organizational skills to work alongside pioneers in this space. We are confident we can help the right person learn quickly while relying on them to expand our client engagement capabilities.
- Lead teams in developing cryptoeconomic mechanics, systems, and analytical models for clients around the world
- Serve as the most senior point of contact with clients, who exist all around the world and work in many different industries
- Define the necessary client deliverables and manage the process and people required for completing them
- Manage the sourcing and onboarding of new projects and clients, including leading of client discovery and sales calls
- Draft scopes of work (SOWs), proposals, and budgets, and keep client expectations aligned with them
- Mentor internal Research Analysts in their development of consulting skills
- Serve as peer review for technical work, such as Excel-based token models and architecture diagrams. Expertise not required, but critical thinking is essential
- Learn the cryptoeconomic design, incentive design, and both the permissioned and public blockchain industries, eventually architecting crtptoeconomic systems
- Manage client and internal budgets, ensuring work id delivered on-time and within budget
- Note: the majority of the team is based between Pacific Standard Time and Eastern Standard Time. While candidates from all locations around the world will be considered, it will be expected that candidates can comfortably liaise with staff and clients during a significant portion of US business hours
- 5 - 10+ years of experience in a consulting, product management (especially in the blockchain industry), investment banking, or buy-side financial services role, with client-facing responsibilities and experience managing analysts. Applicants with front office technology experience will be considered, particularly those operating in a B2B context.
- Familiarity with multiple industries and basic concepts in economics, finance, and technology
- Blockchain knowledge, experience, and networks are not required but will be strong differentiators. Belief in the potential of blockchain technology—ideally with a sober appreciation of current and future challenges—is a must for having this job be enjoyable!
- Experience with Microsoft Excel; Python/R experience is a differentiator
- Ability to learn quickly (and enthusiastically): the amount of learning required in this space cannot be overstated
- Uphold company values of integrity and independence
- Independently driven - this role has high expectations for autonomy and responsibility
- MBA, MFin, or equivalent
- Executive or management experience at a blockchain company or project
- Management consulting experience at a global firm
- People management experience
- Expertise and command of managing highly complex projects and interacting directly with C-Suite executives
- Influencing others without authority
Consulting, Client Management
Blockchain Consultant Project ManagerSmith + Crown
Full Time Other
Remote Portland, OR
665 views · featured 10 days ago
Global Talent Acquisition LeadCoinDesk
Full Time Other
3161 views · featured 233 days ago
Share this opportunity:
CryptoJobs is the #1 website for blockchain jobs. We believe the emergence of blockchain technology and decentralized applications will change the world as we know it, and it’s already happening. We’re on a mission to connect talented individuals to the best blockchain projects, to accelerate the advent of a more decentralized world.
Join 20,000+ crypto enthusiasts for weekly updates:
And 1,000+ other crypto companies around the world