Blockchain Consultant Project ManagerSmith + Crown
Full Time Other
Remote Portland, OR
Posted 10 days ago
Please apply here: https://smith-crown.breezy.hr/p/ddeeed8a17c7
Smith + Crown is the world's leading blockchain research organization and is focused on the development and application of research, intelligence, analysis and data across the breadth of the blockchain space. Our passion and unique expertise lies in the understanding, design, and application of cryptoeconomic systems across a wide array of industries.
S+C’s research-focused internal culture is built around dual values of integrity and independence. We are looking for someone who will work with us to manage and eventually lead consulting engagements around blockchain strategy, implementation, and cryptoeconomic design.
*Blockchain Consulting Project Manager*
We are a rapidly growing organization with an overwhelming demand for our unique expertise. We are looking for an experienced project manager to help support our client engagements and support Project Leads in developing core blockchain solutions, liaising with clients, outlining deliverables and coordinating the internal team to ensure timely completion, and managing the day-to-day realities of our projects from inception to conclusion.
This individual will work closely with the CEO, Chief Research Officer, and Project Leads to manage strategic client engagements. This is a client-facing and internal coordination role, with both opportunities and expectations to contribute immediately.
Deep blockchain expertise is a differentiator but not required, though the ability to learn new industries and technologies will be critical for starting to lead engagements and contributing intellectually to all facets of our work. This is an opportunity for an individual with strong base consulting skills to work alongside people who have researched this technology and designed economies since 2013. We are confident we can help the right person learn quickly while relying on them to expand our client engagement capabilities.
- Help define necessary client deliverables and manage the process for completing them with the support of research analysts
- Act as the primary day-to-day contact for select client engagements
- Shepherd deliverables from beginning to end, ensuring deliverables are completed on time and to a high degree of quality and professionalism
- Manage and run initial client discovery and intake calls
- Author client proposals and scopes of work (SOWs) while keeping client expectations aligned with them
- Mentor internal Research Analysts in their acquisition of consulting skills
- Serve as peer review for technical work, such as Excel-based token models and architecture diagrams. Expertise not required, but critical thinking is essential
- Learn the basics of cryptoeconomic design, incentive design, and both the permissioned and public blockchain industries
- Eventually, source new projects and clients
- Eventually, comfortably handle initial client conversations independently
- 3 - 5+ years of experience in a consulting, project management, product management, or similar role with client-facing responsibilities with experience managing others.
- Familiarity with multiple industries and basic concepts in economics, finance, and technology
- Ability to learn quickly (and enthusiastically): the amount of learning required in this space cannot be overstated
- Uphold company values of integrity and independence
- Independently driven - this role has high expectations for autonomy and responsibility
- MBA, MFin, or equivalent
- Management consulting experience at a global firm
- Blockchain knowledge, experience, and networks are not required but will be strong differentiators.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel; Python/R experience is a differentiator
- People management experience
- Expertise and command of managing highly complex projects and interacting directly with C-Suite executives
- Influencing others without authority
Consulting, Client Management
Blockchain Consultant Project LeadSmith + Crown
Full Time Other
Remote Portland, OR
950 views · featured 10 days ago
Social Media / Community ManagerSwarm Association
4336 views · featured 226 days ago
Share this opportunity:
CryptoJobs is the #1 website for blockchain jobs. We believe the emergence of blockchain technology and decentralized applications will change the world as we know it, and it’s already happening. We’re on a mission to connect talented individuals to the best blockchain projects, to accelerate the advent of a more decentralized world.
Join 20,000+ crypto enthusiasts for weekly updates:
And 1,000+ other crypto companies around the world