Technical Community ManagerFOAM
Full Time Tech
Posted 312 days ago
FOAM provides the tools to enable a crowdsourced map and decentralized location services. The FOAM Map is a community-verified registry of crowdsourced places built on the Ethereum blockchain. And FOAM Location is a permissionless and autonomous network of radios that offer secure location services through time synchronization, independent of centralized sources like GPS. Join the FOAM team and help build the future of location data.
Our small and agile team is made up of developers, designers, and geospatial experts. We believe that the most meaningful products and solutions are created when creative and technical people collaborate together in a supportive working environment. The FOAM team is comprised of people excited to build the future, passionate about everything from open source mapping to architectural history.
We’re based out of the New Lab at the Brooklyn Navy Yard, an interdisciplinary workspace designed to support urban entrepreneurs leveraging advanced technologies. Maps and location services solve real-life problems when they’re in the hands of the people who use them every day. We put the community first, rewarding everyone for the value they create.
We’re recruiting a technical community manager to bridge between our core team and our developer community, supporting the growth and success of FOAM.
Here are some of the things you’ll be responsible for:
- Getting people excited about FOAM and growing our community through a strong presence online and across Web3 communities.
- Creating the best developer experience in blockchain by giving clarity to complex technical questions, offering feedback and advice, and taking a creative approach to problem-solving.
- Helping less technical members of the community to understand intricate technical details and what FOAM makes possible
- Translating community feedback into market insights for the core team and ensuring a community focus is maintained across FOAM.
- Giving FOAM’s partners exceptional integration support and taking the burden away from our engineering team.
- Developing and implementing a creative community outreach strategy through the token grant program, hackathons, conferences, and other projects.
- Taking charge of the FOAM token grant program, writing proposal descriptions, reviewing applications and managing selected projects.
- Reporting and evaluating completed work to make constant improvements.
- Building out existing support systems such as the map guide and FAQs.
- In the future, the role could be expanded to include content marketing, deeper integration support, business development, and release management and communication.
You make a great candidate if you have…
- A background in engineering
- A proven ability to make technical concepts easy to understand
- 2+ years of experience in community building, technical customer support, technical product marketing, or something similar
- Made contributions to open source software projects
- Experience building an online following in a personal or professional context
- Excitement, creativity, and a results-focused mindset to bring to our team
- An ability to self-motivate, work independently and manage multiple projects while being a great collaborator
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to communicate with a diverse team and community from places around the world
- An instinct to always learn and improve yourself
- Empathy to understand others and the problems community members face
- Bonus: previous experience working in the Web3 ecosystem, writing or marketing or in technical project management
Think you’re up to the challenge? If fast-paced and constantly evolving work drives you as much as it drives us, get in touch. We are looking for exceptional people to join our team and strengthen FOAM with their talent and skill.
community building, customer support, marketing
Negotiable + Equity
Applications for this job are currently closed.Apply on CryptoJobs
Finance Manager (remote)Status
Full Time Tech
455 views · posted 10 days ago
Event ManagerGlobal Crypto Awards
521 views · posted 17 days ago
Junior Product ManagerCoincover
Full Time Tech
432 views · posted 26 days ago
Technical Product ManagerBroctagon
Full Time Tech
438 views · posted 30 days ago
Share this opportunity:
CryptoJobs is the #1 website for blockchain jobs. We believe the emergence of blockchain technology and decentralized applications will change the world as we know it, and it’s already happening. We’re on a mission to connect talented individuals to the best blockchain projects, to accelerate the advent of a more decentralized world.
Join 15,000+ crypto enthusiasts for weekly updates: