Technical Documentation Manager (m/f/d)Parity Technologies
Full Time Tech
Posted 171 days ago
Are you a leader with a passion for blockchain technology and decentralization who recognizes great technical docs as critical for a good developer experience and as the most powerful marketing tool for developer products?
We’re looking for a Technical Documentation Manager to help build a world-class team of technical writers and shape the way developers worldwide learn Substrate. As part of a cross-functional project team you will be instrumental in reimagining the Substrate Developer Hub and delivering effective documentation for all levels of developers.
The ideal candidate is experienced in and passionate about creating high-quality content that our audience can trust, and leads their team by example. With empathy for our developers as a guide, you work closely with Engineering, Ecosystem Development and Marcomms teams to make complex concepts approachable, and to enable our developer target audience to use our products with ease. You seek to continuously improve our technical education material by collecting and acting on feedback, and by embracing new technologies and established channels, including Substrate Playground, Stack Overflow, video, and visual content, that make our developers’ lives easier. We aim to provide an effortless experience for developers, so they can get the help they need, when they need it, and in the form they find most accessible.
As the Technical Documentation Manager, you’ll be responsible for:
- Delivering documentation for Substrate
- Further developing our documentation strategy/playbook for the Substrate - Developer Hub (how to write, what to write, where to write it) that covers content areas such as reference material, theoretical background, deep-dives, how-to-guides and tutorials.
- Develop, maintain and implement style guidelines and a glossary of common terms.
Planning, resourcing, and executing projects. - Ensuring that documentation is kept up-to-date in parallel with a fast-paced development cycle.
- Helping your team define their roadmap and identifying how you’ll get there.
- Using both qualitative and quantitative evidence to identify projects that will improve the overall quality and functionality of the documentation.
- Identifying opportunities to collaborate with other teams, to improve our self-help offering for our developers.
- Growing your team, supporting and developing your direct reports:
Working together with our People Operations department to grow your team of technical writers.
- Mentoring, and creating growth opportunities for the people on your team.
- Growing your team’s expertise in their craft.
- Establishing great relationships with other teams across the Engineering, Ecosystem Development and MarComms departments.
- Establishing and maintaining KPIs to continuously improve the operational effectiveness of the team’s initiatives.
Our ideal candidate has:
- A track record in delivering great documentation for an existing developer platform.
- A history of working in startups and with early-stage products.
- Experience leading, managing, and coaching a diverse team of technical writers.
- An ability to make complicated subjects easy to understand and is comfortable presenting to different audiences.
- Expertise in software and information architecture, content discoverability, and best practices for search.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams including designers, researchers, and engineers.
- Knowledge in and understanding of the decentralized web community.
- A passion to bring the Web3 vision of a decentralised web to the world.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with the Rust programming language.
- Experience in the blockchain industry.
- Open source software background.
To see how we use your data please see our Applicant Notice: https://www.parity.io/applicant-notice/
Rust, Polkadot, Kusama, Substrate, Open-Source
Applications for this job are currently closed.Apply on CryptoJobs
Community Manager (NFT DeFi)AMAZIX LIMITED
Full Time Tech
580 views · featured 3 days ago
Marketing ManagerUnique Network
Full Time Tech
929 views · featured 9 days ago
Technical Project ManagerChainflip
Full Time Tech
658 views · featured 18 days ago
Social Media ManagerMomentum6
Full Time Tech 📌 Sticky
3500 views · featured 19 days ago
Share this opportunity:
CryptoJobs is the #1 website for blockchain jobs. We believe the emergence of blockchain technology and decentralized applications will change the world as we know it, and it’s already happening. We’re on a mission to connect talented individuals to the best blockchain projects, to accelerate the advent of a more decentralized world.
Join 20,000+ crypto enthusiasts for weekly updates:
And 1,000+ other crypto companies around the world